Tuesday 4 October 2016

Himalayas

Image result

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayas

Himalayas are very special to me as this was my first trip with my family and I might not remember everything as I was only 10 back then but I can feel the excitement I felt back then and the Joy this trip has given me.

Himalayas are a mountain range in Asia. The Himalayan range is home to the planets's highest peaks including the highest, Mount Everest.

My experience was breathtaking with all the views and the narrow road we had to travel on. We have taken the road from Haridwar to Badrinath, the road was so narrow that when you look down from your car window you could see the valley and water below you with no trace of the road, which was scary but mostly adventures for at least a 10 year old like me.



Image result for himalayas
http://www.sidetracked.com/exploring-eastern-himalayas/

The way to Himalayas is closed during winter and the whole community will move from Himalayas to the nearest city or town and will migrate back in summer, hence the best and only time of visit would be during summer in Himalayas.

Mount Everest is the most popular tourist attraction in Himalayas well thank to it being the highest peak in the world. 

Image result for Mount Everest
 http://travelercorner.com/mount-everest/

For most Natives its the River Ganga that plays a key role as it is sacred to Hindus and Himalayas is the birth place of this divine and utterly beautiful river.


Image result for ganga in himalayas
http://www.myyatradiary.com/2011/12/photographical-memories-from-himalayas_13.html

The food, its best to eat hot food in those freeze cold days. Himalayan food is my all time favorite and I would love to recommended it to all my friends and of course to the world. Here are a few dishes you have to try.

  1. Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat Lentils, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim


2. MoMo


Steamed Momo, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim


3. Tea

Darjeeling Leaf Tea, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim

4. Paneer Curry

Mutter Paneer, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim

5. Thukpa

Thukpa Noodle Soup, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim

6. Paratha

Aloo Paratha Bread, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim

7. Dum Aloo

Dum Aloo Curry, Himalayan Food, Eating in the Himalayas, Sikkim
http://live-less-ordinary.com/himalayan-food-eating-himalayas/


Thats all from me today, 

This is Greeshma Chamarthy
Now I have to go ask my mom to make me some paratha and Paneer curry.

Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment